Saturday, July 08, 2006

Last update


We've decided to make this the last post in our blog as it was intended to document our journey to our daughter. We will continue to post pictures of all of us on our family website at www.geocities.com/garvcm
The last 16 months have been an incredible journey. I have learned many lessons along the way - one being that anything worthwhile in life is worth waiting for - and another - that if God calls you to something, He will carry you through it as well! As someone once said, "adoption is not for the faint of heart". My heart goes out to people who come to adoption after struggling with years of infertility and disappointments. They are the heroes to me, as they have already been through so much and then take on this rollercoaster of a process. I knew it would be hard emotionally, but it was even more so than I expected. Of course, the result far outweighs the pain.
I want to thank you all again for the love, support and prayers for us during this time. Being as relational as I am, God knew how much I needed you all, many times for a listening ear or a hug. As a bonus, I have gained some incredible new friendships. Megan and Dorothy are two women that I met online. They have both become soul sisters during this process, and I am so thankful to God for them. There are many others that have entered our lives through the link of adoption and I look forward to continuing these friendships.
At times, I just look at Rebecca in amazement that she is actually here and that she is our daughter. The words of this poem really sum up the feelings I have been experiencing.

The Gift of Life

I didn't give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.
For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you
The gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home